|OSYPAA 3||Grants Pass||SORYPAA|
1. Each bidding committee must have at least three AA members who have been continuously sober for a minimum of one year.
2. Bidders must have commitments from at least two appropriate facilities (Hotels, Universities, Convention Centers, Gymnasiums, etc.) so sized as to accommodate the entire conference. Please include proposed dates for the conference and a showing of available meeting space. The cost of the facility must be included. Bidders must provide information regarding housing for attendees, including cost and accessibility to the proposed conference site. If awarded the conference, the host committee agrees to have a signed contract within 45 days.
3. Bidders must provide a permanent mailing address for their committee, and if available provide an email address also.
4. A letter of assurance from a local AA service body (district, intergroup, etc.) stating that no large scale AA activity will be held in the proposed general service area within a period of 30 days before, and 30 days after the proposed conference dates, is required.
5. Please demonstrate how the bid committee has been involved with General Service (some have chosen to get a letter of support, or to show how their group was active in area or district service).
6. Bid committees should be able to demonstrate financial autonomy and responsibility, within the spirit of the 12 Traditions of AA.
7. Bidders must show the OSYPAA Advisory Council that they have compiled the necessary research to determine the effects that Federal, State, Provincial, and/or local taxes would have on the proposed conference.
8. If awarded the conference, the new host committee must agree that all proceeds, after conference and “core” advisory expenses and donations of up to 25% of the remaining proceeds to AA service bodies in their area, will be turned over to the OSYPAA Advisory Council for their disposition following the conference.
9. Bids can take no longer than 20 minutes to present.
10. Please draft a statement illustrating the reasons why you wish to host OSYPAA in your area.